Certification Renewal Information
Last certified in 2019? 2022 IS YOUR TIME TO RENEW!
Certification is valid for 3 years and expires on December 31 of the third year, regardless of the month in which you attained your initial certification. All renewal materials must be submitted by the renewal deadline date of the year your certification expires. The Association sends renewal notices via email. Ensure your profile email address is current.
Last year, more than 99% of the renewal by CE applications were APPROVED! Congratulations to our 416 SANE renewal certificants for 2021! You set another IAFN record!
How to Renew
- Apply to renew by exam (Exam deadlines apply. You must achieve a passing score on the certification examination prior to Dec 31 of the year in which your certification expires.)
- Register/pay and apply to renew by CE
Your CE accrual start date is tailored to YOU! Note the date of your last certification congratulations letter from IAFN.
The earlier you certify (by exam or renewal), the more time you have to accrue CE.
Can’t find your letter?
- Log in to your IAFN profile
- Under Certifications, select the certification you plan to renew
- Click Print
- Note the Effective Date—enter this date on your application in the Start Date for CE field and claim any appropriate CE from that date forward
Commission for Forensic Nursing Certification
Certification granted by the Commission for Forensic Nursing Certification (CFNC) is pursuant to a voluntary procedure intended solely to test for specialized knowledge. The CFNC does not purport to license, to confer a right to privilege upon, nor otherwise to define the qualifications of any person for nursing practice. The significance of certification in any jurisdiction or institution is the responsibility of the candidate to determine. The candidate should contact the appropriate nursing body or institution to determine practice implications.