Certification Renewal Information
To renew by CE:
1. Download the Certification Renewal Handbook
2. Meet the eligibility requirements
3. Accrue all appropriate CE by Nov 1
4. Apply and submit
5. Remit renewal application fees
CE must be obtained during the 3-year certification period. You must accrue all your CE by Nov 1, but your CE accrual start date is tailored to you! Your CE start date for renewal is the earlier of either
- Nov 2 of the year you last certified or
- date on your last letter of certification congratulations from IAFN (for either exam or renewal by CE).
Can’t find your letter?
- Log in to your IAFN profile
- Under Certifications, select the certification you plan to renew
- Click Print
- Note the Effective Date—enter this date on your application in the Start Date for CE field and claim any appropriate CE from that date forward
CE accrued prior to passing the exam or after Nov 1, 2022, is not accepted.
March 1, 2022 — Application window opens
April 30, 2022 — Early-filing discount closes
November 1, 2022 — Regular-filing application window closes at 4:59 PM ET (and last day to accrue CE for 2022 renewal)
November 15, 2022 — Late-filing window closes at 4:59 PM ET (includes an additional $150 late filing fee)
No exceptions for lost or misdirected materials, incorrect fees, or late applications
$175 IAFN Members / $325 Non-members — early filing discount if application and payment are received by Apr 30, 2022
$275 IAFN Members / $425 Non-members — filing fee if application and payment are received May 1 – Nov 1, 2022
$425 IAFN Members / $575 Non-members — late-filing fee of $150 included if application and payment are received Nov 2 – 15, 2022
Check out our frequently asked questions.
Still have questions? Comments? Ideas?
Contact 410-626-7805 ext 106 or email@example.com