Local chapters are a way to network with local IAFN members with regional meetings, educational programs and by communicating with peers to discuss local issues. Contact your area chapter President. If you do not see a chapter in your area and you would like to start one, click here!
(Chapter dues* are $30/year for Regular IAFN members and $25/year for Student IAFN members)
You must be an active member of IAFN to join your local chapter. If you are a current member who would like to join your chapter, email Christina at membership. We will get you started. You will be able to renew both your chapter an annual IAFN membership together in the future.
Benefits of Chapter Membership
If you would like to start a chapter in your area read the guide, Forming an Affiliate Chapter of IAFN.
If you’d like to join an existing Chapter, contact us at membership to get you started. You will be able to renew annually with your IAFN membership in the future.
- Local networking and collegiality
- Discounted registration fees to local chapter events
- Develop local leaders within forensic nursing
- Added educational opportunities
- Participate in local policy and legislative advocacy
Benefits to the Chapter to Partner with Home Office
- Coverage under the organizations 501(c) 6 tax exempt status
- Coverage under the organization’s Directors and Officer’s Insurance
- Dues collection support (chapters keep 100% of chapter dues collected)
- No annual fees to remain a chapter each year
- Access to a free eGroup through the IAFN Member Community
- Technical Assistance on budgeting, meeting planning, membership development, etc.
- Ability to partner with the IAFN Home Office on local educational offerings