Register for an Online SANE Course
Before registering please note the following:
- The course can be purchased and started anytime. There is no official “start” or “end” date for the course. However, you must complete it in 12 weeks from the time you begin to receive credit. This is a self-paced course and you can work on it at any time of the day or night. There are no live components to it.
- Before purchasing this course, please check with your local Board of Nursing to ensure this meets any state/territory/province specific requirements for SANE training. (See Selecting a SANE Training for more info)
- An RN/PA/MD/DO License in good standing is required (we may contact you to verify your license); You must be an RN (or higher) to take this course. It its not open to LPNs.
- High speed internet connectivity and speakers or a head set is necessary to obtain content. Note that some institutional firewalls may impede your ability to access the course from your hospital/agency. If you work for a prison/detention center, you will likely not be able to complete this course while at the prison. We have found that the prison firewalls often block aspects of this course.
- No refunds will be given for failure to complete.
- Please read these Technology Tips and FAQs before signing up for the Course.
- Reliable, high-speed access to the Internet, email access and Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. We recommend Google Chrome or Firefox, though other browsers can be used. Internet Explorer is NOT supported.
- These courses offer ANCC Nursing CE. We do not offer CME or any other type of CEU at this time. (IAFN is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.)
- This training will cover the didactic (classroom) portion of your training. You can arrange your own clinical preceptorship locally. For more information, see the Clinical Education Information.
To purchase a course
Need to purchase for a group or someone other than yourself? Can’t pay by credit card? Contact us via phone (410-626-7805) or email to request an invoice. Please note that no student may begin the course until payment is received.
- You must sign in under the orange sign in box on the right in order to access the Online Learning Center. [If you do not have an account (you have never registered for an IAFN event or webinar) create an account here. Or, consider becoming a member before registering to save $ plus get access to the online Journal and Member Community for ongoing support and expertise!]
- After signing in, Access the Learning Center here and look for the SANE courses under “Featured Courses” at the bottom of the page.