Help Update the Exams
Join the 2017 Job Analysis Panel
The Commission for Forensic Nursing Certification (CFNC) has officially opened its Call for Applicants to serve on the 2017 Job Analysis Panel. Deadline to Submit: March 23, 2017, 5:00 PM ET
Every five to seven years, the CFNC updates the certification exams. This year, we are updating both the SANE-A and the SANE-P exams. The cornerstone of this process is to conduct a Job Analysis--a survey of the skills, knowledge, and abilities essential to performing the role of the sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE)--to ensure the exams reflect current SANE practice. Seven Job Analysis panelists will guide this important work.
The Job Analysis panelists:
- hold an active, unencumbered registered nursing license or the international equivalent;
- hold dual certification as both a SANE-A and a SANE-P;
- are able to devote a minimum of 5 hours per month in the form of teleconferences and emails;
- are able to attend an onsite meeting in Morrisville, NC, on May 1-2, 2017 (travel expenses reimbursed by the Association) after completing some pre-meeting preparatory work; and
- want to advance the profession by enhancing the value and stature of the certification exams.
Step 1 – Review the Panel Composition memo.
Step 2 – Review the CFNC Security/Confidentiality Agreement.
Step 3 – Complete the application below.
Please contact Kathleen Maguire, Certification Director, at kathleenmaguire@ForensicNurses.org or 410.626.7805 ext 106.