A Global Organization
We are an international association of individuals dedicated to promoting forensic nursing worldwide. We are supportive of our colleagues around the world who bring forensic nursing to their communities.
Membership for those living outside the United States
We offer a tiered level of cost for membership dues for those who live in all areas of world. Visit our Global Membership web page for more information.
The mission of IAFN is "to provide leadership in forensic nursing practice by developing, promoting, and disseminating information internationally about forensic nursing science.”
Our Efforts to Remain Global
- There are currently 184 members from countries outside the U.S. including Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, England, Germany, Ghana, Guam, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Korea, South, Lebanon, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saint Helena, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden.
- Our bylaws requires at least one board member live outside the United States. Currently we have one sitting board members outside the United States.
- Our policy strongly encourages that all committees and task forces have representation of members outside the U.S.
- Many of our services are delivered online so that location is not always a barrier.
- Our Association has partnered on projects with the Unite States Agency for International Development on projects in Africa.
- Our Association offers reduced membership rates depending on a tiered income economy scale.
- The Foundation offers financial scholarships to forensic nurses around the world to attend the Annual Conference.
- The Journal of Forensic Nursing has manuscripts written by authors around the world. All articles are available online for global access.